About Me

My photo
I am a seeker of the truth. Honesty & Integrity are very important to me. I am a student of life who Loves to learn from Life and friends. I live by a system of values and honorable principles. I am a harmony seeking idealist. I am keen to understand others,and what makes them tick.I seek ways to improve my mental ability.

Sunday 7 March 2010

Clean and Simple!

Hi ladies! Due to life's challenges as i prefer to call them as opposed to life's problems I have not been able to join any  card challenges, but was able to join a hop or two and share some candy. Plus feeling a little pessamistic i will say it doesn't feel like luck is on my side at the moment. The processor and the the motherboard need changing on my pc. So now I am using an old laptop that has the slowest processor that I have used in a long time. So to load a card is a challenge initself as it takes forever and that's only if it doesn't knock itself off during the process. So no buying crafting goodies for me for a while until I get my pc back.(Oops! After writing that bit of the post went shopping and lost all my self control and bought myself some more copic pens) I think you ladies will agree with me, it just had to be done. Lol I feel lost without my pc as that is my source of contact with the outside world. As I don't get to see many people or get out of the house due to health issues. Anyway I am sure you don't need to hear my problems so lets get back to the card challenges.

 I came across a beautiful card a couple of days ago and would love to share it with you and hopefully share some creations of mine.

This card is from http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/     I think it is very pretty and elegant.




I decided I would try out this challenge. But as usual, like a bull at the gate I didn't read what was required and went and made a card but not to the measurements requested. As soon as I saw the sketch, i quickly remembered a topper I made several months ago and thought I would use that. But when I went to submit it to the challenge I realsied it was the wrong size. I redid the card and I would like to share both cards with you.
 Please feel free to leave me a comment  as I love to know what you ladies think of my cards,



This was the first attempt. I coloured the image using H2O's. That was before I found copic marker's. I just bought some more yesterday even though I know I shouldn't have but I just couldnt help myself.













and here is my second attempt. using this sketch
















The card was designed to be 4 x 6
For dimensions:


The patterned piece is 6x3

The solid strip is 6x1

The main image panel is 3-1/4x2-1/2

The main image mat is 3-3/8x2-5/8

and there is now a new challenge from this blog to share with you.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This week's sketch is a really basic clean and simple design. The key is to use circles. Feel free to make the circles with patterned paper,  or to fill them with small images or embellishments. Why not join in and try this challenge today!

No comments: